Are you prepared for Windows Server 2008 end of support? Extended support for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 ends January 14, 2020. Microsoft will no longer release security updates, which may expose you to security attacks or make you out of compliance with industry regulations such as GDPR. They will also no longer offer free support options or online technical content updates. Avoid business disruptions and use this as an opportunity to modernize your application stack. FlexManage is here to help you migrate to current versions for greater security, performance and innovation.
What happens if I don’t migrate?
Microsoft Lifecycle Policy offers 10 years of support (5 years for Mainstream Support and 5 years for Extended Support) for Business and Developer products (such as SQL Server and Windows Server). As per the policy, after the end of the Extended Support period there will be no patches or security updates, which may cause security and compliance issues, and expose customers’ applications and business to serious security risks.
Three reasons to migrate your 2008 server applications to Azure now
Reduce your infrastructure costs with free extended security updates, the Azure Hybrid Benefit, and optimized infrastructure. Save up to $750K when you move one hundred 2008 servers to Azure. It would cost five times more to run Windows Server in AWS.
Security and compliance
Counter sophisticated cyberthreats with our secure cloud foundation and help meet compliance requirements with the most certifications of any cloud provider. Get free security updates for 3 more years after end of support.
We’ve got you covered with new options
New options are now available to help you upgrade and adopt the innovative technologies you need to carry your organization into the future. If you need additional time to manage the transition, migrate to Microsoft Azure to take advantage of three additional years of critical and important security updates at no additional charge and modernize when ready.
Migrate to Azure with free security updates
- Rehost Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 workloads to Azure
- Get three years of Extended Security Updates at no additional charge, and upgrade to a current version when ready
- Use existing licenses and save up to 80 percent on Azure Virtual Machines with Azure Hybrid Benefit and Reserved Instances
Upgrade on-premises and stay protected
- Upgrade to Windows Server 2016 for greater innovation, built-in security, and container support
- For continued protection beyond the deadline, buy up to three years of Extended Security Updates—cover only the servers you need while you upgrade
- The following Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 products are approaching End of Support:
We can help you migrate to Azure or upgrade to the current product versions before the support end dates. This lets you take advantage of the latest product innovations and make sure you have uninterrupted support. Contact FlexManage.