If you’re a current Power BI customer, then why not take advantage of the free Power BI solution templates that Microsoft offers? Their purpose is to help current users quickly create compelling visualizations and insightful analytics on the source applications that they own. Let’s dive in even deeper to unveil the real value these powerful platforms can bring to your business…
Power BI solution templates – sweet, simple, and customizable
Not only are these templates provided as a courtesy to Power BI users, but they are also incredibly easy to use. Each template seamlessly integrates with multiple applications and users are able to create customizable reports on a secure architecture. What’s the bottom line? This cuts down on valuable development time so your team can focus their efforts on other key business matters. Plus, Power BI solution templates can be further customized to meet your specific business needs.
The three key components of Power BI Solution Templates
According to Microsoft’s Richard Tkachuk, Principle Program Manager, there are three key components that make up a Power BI Solution Template.
- The ability to get data out of the source applications to a Datamart or Data Warehouse
- A pre-configured database and Power BI model with extensible schema and calculations for measures and KPIs
- A set of out-of-box Power BI reports that can be modified based on your needs
How to get started with Power BI solution templates
You can find the list of free solution templates that are ready for download by clicking HERE. These are the Power BI solution templates that are available to you today:
- Accounts Receivable for SAP
- Azure Activity Log Analytics
- Advanced Search with Bing News
- Campaign/Brand Management for Twitter
- Campaign/Brand Management for Facebook
- Dynamics 365 Sales Analytics
- Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation Analytics
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service Analytics
- D365 Operations – Credit and Collections Analytics
- Dynaics 365 Field Service Analytics
- Sales Management for Sales Force
- System Center Configuration Manager Analytics
How FlexManage fits in
Power BI and solution template experts here at FlexManage can assist with the implementation and customization of the solution template for your environment. We apply best practices to implement solution templates in your environment, help you evaluate the gaps in value delivered, then customize the template to meet your needs. We can also integrate additional data sources to provide a more complete picture of those things that matter most to your organization.